Feeling clever? Your guests will think you were when you present them with these tasty bites! Just a simple step away from standard party fare, try these delicious tempura battered olives with mustard dipping sauce for a quick and easy appetizer that is
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/4 cup hot Chinese mustard
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 (6 ounce) jar Lindsay® Spanish Whole Queen Olives
- 1 cup prepared tempura batter
In a separate bowl whisk together mustard, water, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and cilantro. Set aside.
Heat 2 inches oil in deep, heavy saucepan or wok to 350 degrees F. Working in batches, dip olives in batter, allowing excess to drain slightly. Slide gently into hot oil. Fry until golden, about 1 minute. Drain on wire rack or paper towels. Serve hot with mustard sauce.