Crunch! Crunch! Crunch! Gorton's Extra Crunchy Tenders team up with crisp tortilla chips and zesty taco ingredients to make this casserole fantastic! Season it to your family's specific spice tastes.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 10 Gorton's® Extra Crunchy or Battered Tenders
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups coarsely broken tortilla chips
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions (with tops)
- 1 medium chopped tomato
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a saucepan, heat 8-10 frozen Tenders, beans, tomato sauce, taco sauce, chili powder and garlic salt to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Place chips in ungreased 11x7 inch baking dish. Pour Tender mixture over chips. Spread with sour cream. Sprinkle with onions, tomato and cheese. Cook uncovered at 375 degrees for 20- 25 minutes. Serve with shredded lettuce, chili peppers and taco sauce if desired.