Red bell pepper, zucchini, yellow squash and onion sauteed in teriyaki sauce and simmered with cooked rice. Wrap in flat bread or tortillas, and add a slice of cheese, if desired.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 small yellow squash, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups teriyaki sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 (10 inch) whole wheat tortillas
In a saucepan bring 2 cups of water to a boil; add rice. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion, bell pepper, zucchini, and yellow squash until onions are tender. Stir in the teriyaki sauce. When the vegetables are tender, stir in the cooked rice, soy sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
Place 1/4 of the rice and vegetables in each tortilla, and roll up.