Cream cheese, chicken broth and milk provide the creamy base for this corn chowder seasoned with cumin, chili powder and picante sauce.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 cups medium salsa
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup milk
In a large saucepan, saute onions in margarine. Stir in flour, chili powder, and cumin. Add corn, picante sauce, and broth. Bring to boil; remove from heat.
Gradually add 1/4 cup hot mixture to cream cheese in a small bowl. Stir until blended.
Add cream cheese mixture and milk to saucepan, stirring until well blended. Heat through but do not boil. Serve immediately.