This layered casserole is sure to become one of your family's favorites. Ground turkey or chicken can be substituted for the ground beef. Serve with steamed broccoli and Nestle® Toll House® Chocolate Chip Cookies with ice cream for dessert.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (9 ounce) package STOUFFER'S® Creamed Spinach, defrosted according to package directions
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 5 cups cooked penne pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) jar ORTEGA® Salsa Prima Homestyle Mild
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees F.
COMBINE creamed spinach and cream cheese in medium bowl. Combine pasta, salsa, beef, tomato sauce and chili powder in large bowl. Spoon 1/2 of pasta mixture into 13x9-inch baking pan; top with spinach mixture. Top with remaining pasta; cover.
BAKE for 30 minutes; uncover. Sprinkle with cheese; bake for additional 5 minutes.