A quick, easy meal for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Egg substitute scrambled and served with salsa, red onion, and fresh cilantro. You could use real eggs, if you prefer.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 cups salsa
- 4 (6 inch) corn tortillas, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican-style seasoning blend (optional)
- 2 cups egg substitute
In a saucepan over medium heat, warm the salsa for 1 minute before adding tortilla strips and 1/4 cup cilantro. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Set aside.
Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Stir in 1/2 the onions, garlic, and oregano; cook until onions are softened, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with Southwest seasoning. Pour in egg substitute and mix until scrambled. Remove from heat, and mix in warmed salsa and tortilla strips. Serve with remaining onions and cilantro.