Muenster cheese brings its distinctive flavor to this tantalizing layered dip. Serve it with your favorite plain tortilla chips.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can vegetarian refried beans
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chile peppers, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) jar picante sauce
- 1/2 pound Muenster cheese, cubed
- 1/2 pound Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain well, stir in chili powder and continue cooking 5 minutes.
In a 8x8 inch baking dish, spread the refried beans. Layer beans with ground beef and chili powder mixture. Top with layers of onion, green chile peppers, picante sauce, Muenster cheese and Monterey Jack cheese.
Bake in the preheated oven 35 to 45 minutes, until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Top with sour cream before serving.