Ground beef, eggs, and bread cubes are combined with canned diced tomatoes with green chilies, and seasonings, topped with your choice of cheese, and baked in a loaf pan for 1 hour.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 slice white bread, cut into cubes
- 4 slices American cheese OR your choice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, eggs, diced tomatoes and green chile peppers, onion powder, ground black pepper, salt and bread. Mix together well, place in a 5x9 inch loaf pan and top with the cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour.