Not your usual baked beans! Green chiles and hot pepper sauce give zest to these eat-'em up sweet-and-hot baked beans.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 (16 ounce) cans baked beans with pork
- 1 (4 ounce) can canned chopped green chile peppers
- 1 small Vidalia onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce (e.g. Tabasco™), or to taste
In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef until no longer pink; drain fat, and set aside.
In a 3 1/2 quart or larger slow cooker, combine the ground beef, baked beans, green chiles, onion and barbeque sauce. Season with brown sugar, garlic powder, chili powder and hot pepper sauce. Cook on HIGH for 2 hours, or low for 4 to 5 hours.