Cubed venison is combined with kidney beans, green chiles and broth seasoned with oregano, cumin, garlic and paprika in this slow cooker chili.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 pounds venison, cut into cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (10.5 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook venison, onion and garlic in oil until meat is browned. Transfer to a slow cooker and stir together with chiles, beans, broth oregano, cumin, salt and paprika. Cook on medium 4 to 5 hours.