Turn up the heat a notch with Texas Hash Fillets! Adjust the spice level to your liking.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 6 Gorton's Crunchy Golden or Southern Fried Fish Fillets
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1/2 cup uncooked regular rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Cook Gorton's Fillets according to directions on package. Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet and cook onions and peppers until tender. Stir in tomatoes (with liquid) and the remaining ingredients. Heat to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 25-30 minutes. Place Fillets on hash mixture and serve.