Chef Robert Del Grande of Cafe Annie in Houston, Texas, combines oregano, cumin, coriander, chiles, and red wine vinegar to give this potato salad a big, bold Texan flavor!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 3 pounds small red potatoes
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into thick slices
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Coriander Seeds
- 8 McCormick® Cumin Seeds
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- 2 serrano or jalapeno chiles, minced
- 3 slices bacon, cooked until crisp, and coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, thick stems discarded, and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Black Pepper
Cook potatoes in boiling water 20-25 minutes, or until tender. Drain and cool to room temperature. Quarter the potatoes and set aside.
Grill the onion slices over high heat until lightly caramelized.
In a hot, dry skillet, toast the coriander and cumin seeds until aromatic, about 30 seconds. Add oregano and lightly toast for about 20 seconds, watching for burning. Remove spices from skillet immediately.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and lightly toss.
Potato Salad Tips