This cake should be made at least two weeks ahead to allow the flavors to blend. Hint: I cheat and use the date pieces coated with sugar (instead of regular pitted dates), just taking off most of the sugar by rubbing them in my hands.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups red and green candied cherries, quartered
- 1 cup candied pineapple, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 1/3 cups chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9 inch tube pan with a removable bottom.
Combine cherries, pineapple, and dates; sprinkle with flour, and toss to coat. Add pecans and coconut; mix thoroughly by tossing. Stir in the sweetened condensed milk, mixing well. Spoon into prepared pan, and smooth the top.
Bake for 1 1/2 hours. Cool the cake in pan on a wire rack. When completely cool, remove from pan. Wrap in foil tightly. Refrigerate. Cut cake when cold.