This is a wonderful spicy coleslaw recipe for pot luck or bbq's. I always get asked for this recipe.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 1 (7 ounce) can Mexican-style corn, drained
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup Ranch-style salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lime, juiced
In a large bowl, toss together the coleslaw mix, corn, Cheddar cheese, jalapeno and cilantro. In a separate bowl, stir together the Ranch-style dressing, cumin, coriander, garlic powder and lime juice. Pour over the coleslaw mixture, and toss to coat. Serve right away, or refrigerate until serving.