The Texas part of the tea comes from the tequila as opposed to a Long Island iced tea, which uses gin instead of tequila. This is the standard Bartender's recipe for a Texas Tea.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1/2 fluid ounce vodka
- 1/2 fluid ounce amber rum
- 1/2 fluid ounce gold tequila
- 1/2 fluid ounce triple sec liqueur
- 1/4 cup sweet-and-sour cocktail mix
- 1/4 cup cola-flavored carbonated beverage
- 1 wedge lemon
- 1 wedge lime
In a tall glass filled with ice, combine vodka, rum, tequila and triple sec. Top with equal parts sweet-and-sour and cola. Squeeze juice of lemon wedge and lime wedge over top; stir.