Marinade for wood smoking bird, beef or pork in an indirect heat smoker. Full wood smoke or partial wood and charcoal. This is especially good for beef brisket.
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 1 cup brown sugar, not packed
- 1 1/2 cups teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1/4 teaspoon meat tenderizer
In a medium bowl, mix together the brown sugar, teriyaki sauce, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke and meat tenderizer. Pour over meat, and refrigerate in a sealed container. Shake container occasionally to cover meat. Take out of the refrigerator before cooking, and let come to room temperature while the smoker heats up. Never use barbeque sauce with this marinade.
See Our Smoking Tips.