Prawns are served with a delicious salsa made with bananas, cucumbers, and an exotic blend of flavorings.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 bananas, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cucumbers - peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger root
- 1 fresh red chile pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 pounds tiger prawns, peeled and deveined
In a large bowl, mix bananas, cucumbers, mint, cilantro, ginger, and red chile pepper to make salsa.
In a small bowl, blend lime juice, fish sauce, and brown sugar until sugar has dissolved. Thoroughly mix into the salsa.
Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Place prawns in the water, and cook 3 minutes, or until flesh is opaque. Serve with the banana salsa.