Perfect for a more exotic barbecue, these Thai-inspired chicken burgers combine ground chicken with sweet, tangy peanut sauce and red curry paste. Barbecue or pan-cook, and serve with coconut-mint mayo on toasted rolls.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 2 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Thai peanut sauce
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 8 hamburger buns, split and toasted
In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, coconut, and mint. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
In a large bowl, mix together ground chicken, panko crumbs, Thai peanut sauce, curry paste, green onion, parsley, soy sauce, garlic, lemon juice, lime juice, and hot pepper sauce. Be careful not to over-mix. Divide into 8 equal size balls. Flatten into patties about 1/2 inch thick.
Preheat the grill for medium-high heat.
Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill burgers for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until well done. Serve on toasted buns with Coconut-Mint Mayonnaise.
Approximate Grilling Times for Chicken and Poultry