Just curry powder and light coconut milk are all it takes to sauce this dish of chicken and vegetables over fragrant jasmine rice.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
- 2 cups 1 inch pieces asparagus
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 cups dry jasmine rice
Cook the rice according to package directions.
In a medium size bowl, combine the chicken and curry powder and toss to coat.
Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Saute the coated chicken over medium high heat for 4 minutes. Add the asparagus, snow peas, carrots and green onions and cook for 3 minutes. Add the coconut milk and heat through for approximately 3 more minutes. Serve over the hot, cooked rice.