Tofu is fried, then simmered in a curry coconut sauce with cilantro. A delicious light meal that goes great with rice or noodles.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (12 ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (10 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu cubes, and fry until golden on all sides, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Remove to paper towels, and set aside.
Melt butter or margarine in the same skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Stir in coconut milk, curry powder, salt, pepper and cilantro. Return the tofu to the skillet. Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.