San Marco Grocery's world famous Thai Ginger Soup! A simple coconut milk base with chicken breast strips, ginger and cilantro. Garnish with red chilies and cilantro sprigs.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce, or to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Pour the coconut milk and water into a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Add the chicken strips, and reduce heat to medium. Simmer for about 3 minutes, just until the chicken is cooked through. Stir in the ginger, fish sauce and lime juice. Sprinkle in the green onions and cilantro, and serve.