An aromatic saute of soy-marinated chicken, garlic, ginger and onions is enhanced with mushrooms, cucumbers, bell peppers and carrots, and flavored with peanut sauce, oyster sauce and hot chili sauce. Serve over rice noodles and top with chopped peanuts.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/2 pound dried rice noodles
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 dash soy sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 10 mushrooms, halved
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red chile sauce
- 3/4 cup peanut sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Cook rice noodles according to package directions.
Slice chicken breasts into strips. Marinate in soy sauce for about 1/2 hour.
In a large saucepan or wok, heat sesame oil over medium heat. Cook chicken until no longer pink. Add garlic, ginger, and onions; cook until onions are tender. Add mushrooms and cucumbers; cook until mushrooms are tender. Add peppers, carrot, peanut sauce, oyster sauce, and hot chili pepper sauce. Heat through.
Toss cooked rice noodles with saute. Garnish with sesame seeds.