Cubed pork marinated in a tasty peanut butter sauce is grilled on skewers with water chestnuts, green and red bell pepper slices, and chunks of sweet onion.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
In a medium bowl, mix peanut butter, green onions, soy sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar, garlic, coriander, and cayenne pepper; add pork, and stir to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
Preheat grill for high heat. Thread marinated pork, water chestnuts, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and sweet onion alternately onto skewers. Transfer remaining marinade to a small saucepan, bring to a boil, and cook for several minutes.
Lightly oil grate. Cook skewers for 10 minutes, or to desired doneness. Turn skewers while grilling to cook evenly, and brush with boiled marinade during last few minutes.