Savor the intriguing flavors of Thai cooking in this simple shrimp dish. Lemon Grass adds its subtle and unique flavor to the heat of Szechwan seasoning for this ready-in-minutes noodle bowl.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 3 stalks McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Lemon Grass
- 3 cups hot water
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Garlic Salt
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Szechwan Seasoning
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- 6 ounces angel hair pasta or Chinese (ramen) noodles
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup salted cashews
Place lemon grass and water in 1-quart glass measure; cover and heat in microwave on HIGH 5 minutes; cool. Remove lemon grass to cutting board. Reserve liquid. Slice lengthwise then finely chop. Return lemon grass to water. (This can be done ahead for flavor to develop.)
Combine lemon grass and water, wine, garlic salt and Szechwan seasoning in large skillet and bring to a boil. Stir in shrimp and cornstarch mixture. Cook and stir until shrimp turn pink and mixture thickens, 3-4 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling salted water 3-4 minutes in large saucepan. Drain and rinse pasta. Coat saucepan with nonstick cooking spray; return pasta to saucepan. Add spinach and shrimp mixture; toss. Garnish with cashews. Serve in bowls.
May substitute 1 teaspoon ground ginger and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes for Szechwan seasoning.