Chicken strips are fried in a Thai spice blend, then tossed with cooked pasta. An easy to make main dish with an exotic blend of flavors.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package dry pasta of your choice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 whole dried red chile pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into thin strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- watercress leaves for garnish
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the red chile, garlic and ginger until they are fragrant. Season the strips of chicken breast with salt and pepper to taste. Add the chicken to the skillet, and fry until cooked through.
When the chicken is no longer pink, add the pasta, and season with soy sauce, lemon juice and white wine. Cook stirring constantly until everything is nice and hot. Serve with watercress leaves on top for garnish.