Tasty Thai tuna burgers with a hint of sesame, ginger, and soy. Made from minced fresh tuna steaks, these are a delicious alternative to the all-beef patty.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh tuna steaks, minced
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon lite soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 hamburger buns
- 6 lettuce leaves - rinsed and dried
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
In a bowl, thoroughly mix minced tuna, bread crumbs, green onion, carrot, ginger, cilantro, sesame oil, ketchup, soy sauce, cumin, salt, pepper, and egg. Cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven broiler.
Form tuna mixture into 6 patties, and place in a broiler pan on top oven rack. Cook, uncovered, 4 minutes per side, or until easily flaked with a fork. Serve on hamburger buns with lettuce and tomato.