Spring greens are tossed with carrot and cauliflower, then covered in a sweet creamy Parmesan dressing. The salad that initiated a year-long quest to duplicate the recipe! When I threw yet another attempt at the dressing in the fridge overnight, I hit on
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) package spring lettuce mix
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup small cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, and sugar until well blended. Cover, and refrigerate overnight. Stir again just before using.
In a large serving bowl, combine the lettuce, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, carrot, cauliflower, and bacon bits. Toss with chilled dressing just before serving.