This special shrimp dish is great for company, but still a snap to make. Serve over rice or pasta. For really fast prep, buy the shrimp already peeled and deveined.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 (26.5 ounce) can traditional-flavor spaghetti sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
In Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in bell pepper, onion and celery; cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring 2 or 3 times, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, combine spaghetti sauce and diced tomatoes and chiles. Heat, covered, over medium heat until boiling. Reduce heat and simmer.
Add shrimp to vegetables and increase heat to high. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, tossing, until shrimp are pink and just opaque in the center. Add sauce; stir well and return just to a simmer.