This rich and cheesy hot artichoke and spinach appetizer offers a flavor surprise: the mild heat of chopped fresh jalapeno! Goes great with sliced French bread!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) bag spinach, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, combine green onions and jalapeno. Stir in pressed garlic.
In an 8x10 inch glass baking dish, mix sour cream and mayonnaise. Stir in green onions mixture. Blend in 1 cup mozzarella and 1/2 cup Parmesan. Stir in spinach and artichokes. Spread mixture evenly across the baking dish. Sprinkle lemon juice on top, and cover with aluminum foil.
Bake in a preheated oven about 20 minutes. Remove, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan. Return to oven, and bake until lightly browned, about 5 minutes more.