We like a buffet with all the family here. We serve a variety of salads. This is also great for summer picnics and cookouts. Keeps well, and serves a lot of people. Originally submitted to ThanksgivingRecipe.com.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans
- 1 pound wax beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion, sliced into thin rings
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
Mix together green beans, wax beans, kidney beans, onion, sugar, vinegar, vegetable oil, salt, pepper, and celery seed. Let set in refrigerator for at least 12 hours.