This peppy bean salad is a colorful mix of green, yellow wax, red kidney, garbanzo, and black beans, perked up by a dressing with mustard, cilantro and tarragon.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can wax beans, drained
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried cilantro
In a large bowl, layer the beans, onion and green pepper. Set aside.
In a small saucepan, mix the vinegar, sugar, oil, mustard, tarragon and cilantro. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and pour over bean mixture. Stir until all ingredients are coated. This is best if it is left to marinate for a few hours in the refrigerator, and stirred occasionally.