Chili, kidney and black beans are combined with habanero peppers, red pepper flakes, and heaping doses of cumin, chili powder, salsa, black pepper and more in this fiery ground beef chili.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 habanero peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili beans in spicy sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 4 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 (16 ounce) jar hot salsa
- 1/8 cup chili powder
- 1/8 cup coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/8 cup red pepper flakes
- 1/8 cup ground cumin
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 pounds ground beef
In a large pot over medium heat, combine garlic, onion, habanero peppers, chili beans, kidney beans, black beans, diced tomatoes with green chiles, salsa, chili powder, black pepper, red pepper flakes, cumin and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer.
While soup is heating, cook beef in a large skillet over medium heat until brown. Drain excess fat, then stir beef into soup pot. Simmer, covered, until flavors are well blended, about 1 hour.