Green beans, red kidney and butter beans join forces with artichoke hearts in this salad that works as well for a summer picnic as for a winter evening 's dinner. A nice coarse ground mustard, lemon juice and oil dressing is stirred in.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarse grained prepared mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
In a medium bowl combine the butter beans, kidney beans, green beans and artichoke hears.
In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, mustard and salt and pepper to taste. Toss with bean mixture and serve.