These prawns are delicious served over a bed of rice and black beans.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 large tiger prawns, peeled and deveined
Place butter into a medium size pot over a low heat; let melt. Add the onion, garlic and bell peppers to the pan, saute until just tender.
While the vegetables are cooking, combine the tomato paste with the warm water; stir. Pour the tomato-water mixture into the pot of vegetables and bring the mixture to a boil over a low heat. Stir and season with salt and pepper to taste. When the pot comes to a boil, add the prawns. Let the prawns cook until they are pink.