Quick and easy enough for a family supper, this colorful and spicy dish also makes a sophisticated presentation for entertaining.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Mexican-, Chili-, or Salsa-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup canned chicken broth
- 2 drained canned jalapeno peppers, minced
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Season chicken with salt and pepper. In large skillet, heat oil. Cook chicken over medium-high heat, turning once, until golden on both sides, about 8 minutes total.
Add tomatoes in juice, chicken broth and jalapeno peppers. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add olives, tequila and cilantro.
Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.