Easy to make, and beautiful on the plate. This tilapia is cooked in the tomato sauce it is served with. The tomato sauce is made with diced tomatoes, garlic, corn, and black olives.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 (16 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 3 ears fresh corn, kernels cut from cob
- 4 (4 ounce) fillets tilapia
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook garlic in oil for 1 minute. Stir in the diced tomatoes with juice, 3/4 cup wine, black olives, and corn. When the sauce is hot, place fillets on top, and spoon some of the tomato mixture over the fish. Cover, and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. If the sauce begins to dry out, add additional 1/4 cup white wine.