Lamb meat, potatoes, and carrots are the basic ingredients in this great stew.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 pounds lamb stew meat, cubed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup corn oil
In a large saucepan over medium heat, mix the beef broth, lamb, parsley, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Cover, and cook 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir potatoes, carrots, and onion into the lamb mixture. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 90 minutes, until all the vegetables are tender.
In a small bowl, mix the flour and oil until smooth. Stir into the stew mixture, and cook 5 minutes, until thickened.