A satisfying sausage and tomato stew with tiny Acini di Pepe pasta and herbs.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 pounds sausages, sliced into coin size pieces
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup acini di pepe pasta
In a large pot, melt butter and brown the sausage slices; drain fat. Stir flour into sausage then mix in chicken broth, tomatoes, basil and oregano; bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer approximately 20 minutes or until sausage is fully cooked. Add zucchini slices and pasta. Continue cooking until zucchini and pasta are done.