The filling for this decadent pie is a combination of a very creamy, cream cheese and whipped topping. Then toasted coconut and caramel sauce is sprinkled and drizzled over it. Another cream cheese layer is spooned on, and then the pie is finished with mo
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 (9 inch) pie shells, baked
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
In a medium skillet, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Add coconut and pecans. Toss well, and saute until coconut is lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add condensed milk and mix until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread 1/4 of cream cheese mixture into each pastry shell. Sprinkle 1/4 of coconut mixture over each pie. Drizzle 1/2 of caramel topping over each coconut layer. Follow with remaining cream cheese mixture, then remaining coconut mixture.
Pies may be served chilled or frozen.