Goat cheese patties are rolled in walnuts and crispy fried onions, then warmed in the oven. Placed on a bed of honey and balsamic dressed fresh field greens, with Lindsay® Olives mandarin oranges, and red bell pepper.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup canned French fried onions
- 1 (11 ounce) log goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons walnut or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 (5 ounce) package mixed field greens
- 1 red bell pepper cut into short, thin strips
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can Lindsay® Sliced Pitted Ripe Olives, drained
- 1/2 cup Lindsay® Olivada, any flavor
Combine walnuts and onions in a food processor; process until mixture is finely chopped. Transfer to a shallow bowl. Cut goat cheese crosswise into 12 slices. Press each slice into walnut mixture, turning and patting to coat. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet. (At this point, goat cheese may be covered and refrigerated up to 4 hours before baking.)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake goat cheese for 5 minutes. Turn oven to broil; broil 5 to 6 inches from heat source for 2 to 3, minutes or until golden brown.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together oil, honey and vinegar; set aside. In a large bowl, combine greens, bell pepper, oranges and olives. Add oil mixture; toss well and arrange on four serving plates. Transfer goat cheese to salad; top each round of goat cheese with a dollop of Olivada.
Four cups packed mixed salad greens may be substituted for the package of mixed field greens.