Tofu is combined with eggs, spaghetti sauce, mozzarella cheese and spices. The mixture is layered with lasagna noodles and topped with more cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 7 servings):
- 1/2 (12 ounce) package uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 (12 ounce) package firm tofu, crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add lasagna and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
In a medium bowl combine tofu, eggs, salt, pepper, nutmeg, milk, spaghetti sauce, parsley and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Spread a layer in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
Layer lasagna noodles with the sauce mixture, ending with sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes.