Marinated tofu, blanched snow peas, carrots, cabbage, and peanuts are tossed together in this delicious Asian-style salad.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 (16 ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained and diced
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 2 small carrots, grated
- 1 cup finely shredded red cabbage
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
In a large bowl, mix the chili sauce, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Place tofu in the mixture, and marinate 1 hour in the refrigerator.
Bring a pot of water to a boil. Immerse the snow peas in the boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes, then immerse in a a bowl of cold water. Drain, and set aside.
Toss the peas, carrots, cabbage, and peanuts with the tofu and marinade to serve.