Tofu is spiked with chili powder, cumin, cayenne, lime juice and tomato sauce, and cooked with cilantro to make a delicious taco filling.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package garden herb tofu, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 10 medium taco shells, heated
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
Over a medium heat fry the tofu, oil, garlic and onion in a large skillet for 5 minutes. Add the chili powder, paprika, cayenne, cumin, salt, lime juice and tomato sauce to the skillet and stir. Cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the cilantro. Spoon mixture in a serving bowl.
Spoon the tofu mixture into taco shells. Top the mixture with lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, Cheddar cheese and salsa.