Eggs, brown sugar, butter, flour, semi-sweet chocolate and walnuts are stirred together, poured into a pastry shell and baked. This pie 's terrific with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
In a large bowl, beat the eggs until foamy. Add the flour, white sugar and brown sugar; beat until well blended. Blend in the melted butter. Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Pour batter into one unbaked 9 inch pie shell.
Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 1 hour. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.