Muffins inspired by chocolate are delicious for breakfast any day of the week!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (12 ounce) package NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease or paper line 12 muffin cups.
FOR MUFFINS: COMBINE flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Stir in butter, milk and egg just until moistened. Stir in morsels. Spoon batter into 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
FOR STREUSEL: COMBINE brown sugar, flour and butter in small bowl; stir in nuts. Sprinkle generously over muffin batter; press down lightly.
BAKE in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.