For a simple, succulent dish, toss peas with hot fettucini, then drench with juicy, chopped tomatoes, tart sour cream, salt, pepper and a generous grating of Parmesan cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 7 servings):
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup frozen green peas
- 1 pound dry fettuccine pasta
- ground black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water, adding peas just before pasta is done. Drain.
Combine tomatoes, sour cream, parmesan, and 1/4 cup reserved juice. Add pasta and peas. Salt and pepper to taste.