Hot or cold, the Parmesan and feta flavors come through and enhance this dish.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 10 ounces dry fusilli/spiral pasta
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 6 leaves fresh basil, torn
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add fusilli pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Combine olive oil, garlic, onion, tomatoes and basil; let sit at room temperature.
Toss warm pasta with Parmesan and feta. Stir in tomato mixture and sprinkle on salt and pepper. You can add more Parmesan if desired. Serve immediately.