This pungent garlic, basil, and tomato sauce will delight the senses. The goat cheese is the perfect creamy complement to an already delightful dish!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked spaghettini
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with garlic
- 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
In a blender or food processor, blend the diced tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, basil, garlic, olive oil, and pepper just until chunky.
In a bowl, gently toss the cooked pasta and tomato mixture. Sprinkle lemon juice over the pasta and top with goat cheese just before serving.