The perfect summer salad! Layers of tomato are topped with basil, goat and gorgonzola cheeses, and then drizzled with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes, cut horizontally into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 8 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Place 4 tomato slices on a serving platter or individual plates. Place 3 pieces of basil, 1 teaspoon of gorgonzola, and 1 teaspoon goat cheese on top of each slice. Repeat 3 or 4 times to create towers. Then drizzle with balsamic vinegar and oil, and top with gorgonzola.