Parmesan and Cheddar combine with chopped tomatoes and olives to make this herbed quick bread taste remarkably like pizza.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, drained
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8x4 inch loaf pan.
In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, Italian seasoning, thyme, sugar, Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses. In a separate bowl, mix together 1/2 cup reserved tomato juice, milk, eggs, oil and garlic. Combine liquid and dry mixtures. Fold in chopped tomatoes and olives. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.